Elbe MS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elbe MS

Elbe MS players come here.

+4
Bonacci
Colour
Jordan:D
Arikana
8 posters

HOLY !%@&, DAD, NOOO!

Arikana
    Arikana
    Amateur
    Amateur

HOLY !%@&, DAD, NOOO! Empty HOLY !%@&, DAD, NOOO!

Post by Arikana Fri May 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Okay, let's start with a bit of Story Time.

One day, when I was about 4-years old, I was sitting on my couch watching some good ol' television. Probably Barney or some other kid's show. Anyways, one day, my dad and his best friend come into the living room and are standing at the door. Now these are giant men. Both of them are about 6'2. And I was a little 4-year old. So, they're standing at the door and my dad is holding a pair of giant silver metal scissors and suddenly says, "HEY ARI, TIME TO CUT YOUR FEET OFF!"

Oh. Shit.

So I start racing around the house screaming at the top of my lungs trying to run away from the two giant men chasing me. Being the "smart" kid that I am, I ended up in the bathroom- cornered against the tile wall with the toilet paper dispenser pressed up against my back. To this day I can still feel it poking me in the side. So the two giant men come up to me and my dad's friend grabs my foot. I try to kick away, but I can't, he's just too strong for my little 4-year old feet. Then my dad comes closer and closer with the scissors and you know what he does?

He cuts the feet off my feetie pajamas.

TO THIS DAY, I still have nightmares where I wake up shaking wondering if I still have feet. ;___;

So now the discussion.

It's safe to say that whatever happens in your childhood can directly affect your future. If you slipped in a pool and couldn't get out, you're afraid of swimming. Fell off a slide- you're afraid of heights, etc., etc..

Why do these things effect us so much in the future even though we know, as more grown and mature individuals, that as long as we're careful, these things can't hurt us?

Discuss:
    -Have you had any traumatic childhood experiences?
    -Have you had an irrational fear because of a traumatic childhood experience?
    -Have you been able to get over these fears because you've realized you can't really get hurt?
    -Etc., etc.
    Amateur
    Amateur

HOLY !%@&, DAD, NOOO! Empty Re: HOLY !%@&, DAD, NOOO!

Post by Jordan:D Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Well when I was about 8 or so.. My dad thought It would be funny to show me one of those things where you stare into a picture on the computer then it pops up. I was screaming for about 5 minutes grabbing onto my mom. From this day on every time Something pops up It scares the crap out of me.
    Arikana
    Arikana
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by Arikana Fri May 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Aww. D:
    I know exactly what you mean. Those things scare the bejeebus out of me. ): Don't you just hate people who put those videos all over YouTube? ]:<
    Colour
    Colour
    Social Butterfly
    Social Butterfly

Post by Colour Fri May 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Arikana wrote:

So now the discussion.

It's safe to say that whatever happens in your childhood can directly affect your future. If you slipped in a pool and couldn't get out, you're afraid of swimming. Fell off a slide- you're afraid of heights, etc., etc..

Why do these things effect us so much in the future even though we know, as more grown and mature individuals, that as long as we're careful, these things can't hurt us?

Discuss:
    -Have you had any traumatic childhood experiences?
    -Have you had an irrational fear because of a traumatic childhood experience?
    -Have you been able to get over these fears because you've realized you can't really get hurt?
    -Etc., etc.

*I'll answer the effect question later. Never thought of it.
    *Yes I have had traumatic childhood experinces.
    *Yes again
    & no, not yet.
    Bonacci
    Bonacci
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Bonacci Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Arikana wrote:
    Okay, let's start with a bit of Story Time.

One day, when I was about 4-years old, I was sitting on my couch watching some good ol' television. Probably Barney or some other kid's show. Anyways, one day, my dad and his best friend come into the living room and are standing at the door. Now these are giant men. Both of them are about 6'2. And I was a little 4-year old. So, they're standing at the door and my dad is holding a pair of giant silver metal scissors and suddenly says, "HEY ARI, TIME TO CUT YOUR FEET OFF!"

Oh. Shit.

So I start racing around the house screaming at the top of my lungs trying to run away from the two giant men chasing me. Being the "smart" kid that I am, I ended up in the bathroom- cornered against the tile wall with the toilet paper dispenser pressed up against my back. To this day I can still feel it poking me in the side. So the two giant men come up to me and my dad's friend grabs my foot. I try to kick away, but I can't, he's just too strong for my little 4-year old feet. Then my dad comes closer and closer with the scissors and you know what he does?

He cuts the feet off my feetie pajamas.

TO THIS DAY, I still have nightmares where I wake up shaking wondering if I still have feet. ;___;

That
    Sounds
    AWESOME.

LOL, I'd so see that happening in a comedy type of thing.
    kiane
    kiane
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by kiane Sat May 23, 2009 1:52 am

That happened to me 2, wen i was a 7 years old, and wen we were eating Fish, My dad started to say to me those fishes were eating each other, those fishes were alive!and such things. since that day i didnt eat even a lil slice of a fish =.=.
    hellzfire312
    hellzfire312
    Social Butterfly
    Social Butterfly

Post by hellzfire312 Sat May 23, 2009 10:41 am

when i was 5 i went on a plane and we had these crazy turbulence and the steward pretty much flew to the ceiling ive HATED heights ever since cant even go on a fucking Ferris wheel Sad
    Arikana
    Arikana
    Amateur
    Amateur

Post by Arikana Mon May 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Bonacci wrote:That
    Sounds
    AWESOME.

LOL, I'd so see that happening in a comedy type of thing.
    Oh, God. That'd be more like a horror movie for me.

kiane wrote:That happened to me 2, wen i was a 7 years old, and wen we were eating Fish, My dad started to say to me those fishes were eating each other, those fishes were alive!and such things. since that day i didnt eat even a lil slice of a fish =.=.
    I can't believe your father ruined fish for you. Fish is AWESOME. Grilled fish is just... <3
    I'm so sorry for you. :(

hellzfire312 wrote:when i was 5 i went on a plane and we had these crazy turbulence and the steward pretty much flew to the ceiling ive HATED heights ever since cant even go on a fucking Ferris wheel Sad
    That does sound frightening. I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to even go on an escalator again. s:
    You poor dear. D:
    Hansel
    Hansel
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by Hansel Tue May 26, 2009 2:02 pm

when I was 8 my older brother told me that if you use a bathroom in public some dead girl will come out and kill you. We were out one time at the mall and his girlfriend was with us so when I told him I had to go to the bathroom he told his girlfriend to wait for us at some clothes store. She ran off and he said that he would make sure no one got me. When we went in it was completely empty. Or I though it was. Before I got to the stall he ran out of the room and held the door shut so that I was stuck in there. Someone started to scratch on the door of one of the stalls and make heavy breathing sounds and I started to cry. Then there was a screaming sound like RAWR. I almost peed my pants T^T and his girlfriend ended up being the person in the stall trying to scare me. Apparently they planned this >.<

Now I cant use public bathrooms anymore.
    DauntlessShadow
    DauntlessShadow
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by DauntlessShadow Tue May 26, 2009 5:20 pm

About 3 years ago my brothers friends decided to have me play the maze game. I was always good at mazes and being careful, so I figured hey this oughta be fun. Got to the last level and looked real close at the screen to get through and then BOOM that fuckin excorcist girl pops out and starts screaming, and while they're laughing their asses off I'm scared ass Duck not knowing what's going on. They also got me a few other times with screamers. Since then, I never watch videos under 1 minute, and for about 2 and a half years after that I didn't want to sleep with the lights off ._.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content