Elbe MS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elbe MS

Elbe MS players come here.

4 posters

For a better server!

hotsteak

For a better server! Empty For a better server!

Post by hotsteak Mon May 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Okay listen up guys... I am bringing up many old topics, but I beg you to read it through first before flaming me or anything. I just wanna shed some light on the topics that people don't look deep into enough. I've played on many private servers before and I'm combining my opinions on the hi-lights of those servers. This server is getting a little boring right now so I came to the forums to help make it better. I do wanna enjoy my, and everyone else's, stay in ElbeMS so here I go.

Boss summoner:
    WE NEED A BOSS SUMMONER or a BOSS SPAWN MAP. Period.
    I have 20+ rebirths and I'm still stuck in Zak. I get pissed by all the people who hang around Zak and insist on killing the body. And I hog on Zak along with the rest of my party. You can say I'm mean but I have the right to want to level up and rebirth.
    You can remove or alter the drops of the bosses, I don't care. Fact is that after 20+ rebirths, spawning one Zak at a time is not really working out great. We do need quick boss spawns so that the higher level people have something to do; that way we won't hog onto Zak and hinder the leveling of the lower leveled players.
    Restrict it to people with 15+ or 20+ or 30+ rebirths if you must. Different number of rebirths will get you different bosses. Something like that.

Possible Pros:
    Something for the higher leveled players to do/kill instead of Zak arms.
    Lower leveled players can have the Zak altar to themselves, which makes leveling slightly easier.
    Lower leveled players can aim to rebirth more so that they have access to the boss summoner. (assuming that there is a rebirth limit)
    It's just plain old fun.

Possible Cons:
    Leveling too fast is not fun (maybe so, but if we can trade AP for items that give equal or better stuff then there's something to aim for. )
    Drops ruins the economy (not if you change or remove the drops)
    Fun is bad? (we're all in our 80s and will die if we have too much fun)

Scroll and weapon seller:
    BEFORE YOU EVEN START THINKING, read this.
    We have all heard of the controversy this topic have caused, but let me shed some light on the topic.
    Hunting for scrolls is fun, why? Because scrolling is fun. But hunting takes too much time, different mobs drop different stuff and it's too hard for everyone to be killing every mob because, as a private server, our number of players are limited.
    Instead, have a scroll seller! Priced the scrolls at 50mil and the weapons at 100mil. It needs to be tough to get but not too easy, I mean... money aren't the easier things to come by in this server right? That way people have access to all the weapons and scrolls; they can occupy their time scrolling their equips, resulting in less bored people, and more people being obsessed over scrolling.
    And about "economy", economy is solely based on supply and demand. You can never have a bad economy unless hyperinflation comes into play. As long as everything is not 10mesos, the economy will be fine. The economy will adjust on its owns, it's always the case... go read up about the "invisible hand" or ask your mom.

"In economics, the invisible hand is the term economists use to describe the self-regulating nature of the marketplace."

IF you expect us to kills slimes, for example, to get scrolls. The prices WILL BE INSANE. Higher level people would rather be leveled and earning money, at the same time the noobs will do all the hunting. Low supply and high demand WILL screw the economy over for things like scrolls, because an average scrolling session will need about 40 scrolls. Imagine potato chips. I use potato chips because it's sorta an essential thing and we do need lots of it per "session". Imagine them being SO RARE, but everyone likes them. No one will even be able to get one, and if they do then no one will DARE to eat them. They'd rather eat their own limbs!
    Well if you sell chips for like $20 a bag (it's too expensive but I'm referring to scrolls), people will savor the chip because they are expensive enough and everyone likes them.

Possible Pros:
    Really good economy
    Something for every player to do
    Something to distinguish the high leveled players from the REAL pros.

Possible Cons:
    Bad economy (trust me this is impossible)
    No other cons actually.

Item collection NPC/quest:
    Obviously the players of ElbeMS need quests right?
    I mean this is pretty obvious and needs no arguments.
    We can trade anything literally. Set the ingredients to both low and high level stuff. I suggest stuff like snail shells and leather for high level stuff. Why nooby ingredients for high level stuff? So that high level players are FORCED to kill low level stuff and they have the choose between training or hunting. Also, that was the lower level people who can train and hunt at the same time can catch up with the pros. Simple.
    We can trade for stuff that helps us overcome the max stat limit. Since base stats have limit whereas the bonuses do not.
    And stuff that gives WA since that's what everyone is after. Giving high WA stuff to people IS FAIR because if everyone has it then there's nothing special.
    Also, create items in tiers. Like low level trades for medium level ones and so on.
    If you wanna you can add AP into the ingredients to make it more challenging.

I understand that this requires and lot of work but it's all for the good for the server! I can offer to help too if need be.

I believe that a server is good when everyone is happy. You always want people to stay hooked onto the game, and to do that we need to establish more goals for players to pursue. Rebirths, scrolling, item trading... they are all are something for people to aim for. So ElbeMS, please her me out and at least implement some of my ideas. After all, I DID spend a long long time typing this out in hopes of helping ElbeMS.
    Vicious
    Vicious
    Amateur
    Amateur

For a better server! Empty Re: For a better server!

Post by Vicious Mon May 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Boss Summoner: No
    Scroll and Weapon Seller: No
    Item Collection NPC/quest: Yes
    Above
    Above
    Social Butterfly
    Social Butterfly

Post by Above Tue May 26, 2009 6:14 am

Hoping to see this in game some time soon ...

you can do it Vicious !
    Sniped_

Post by Sniped_ Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:07 pm

with the new high drop rate, I don't think we need a weapon seller TBH. It is much easier to find them from players these days.

I think it would be nice to have an NX npc Very Happy

EDIT: read through more thoroughly, and if there are NPC'able weapons and scrolls, there WILL be no economy, prices will all be static, and people will just farm mesos to get the weapons/scrolls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:46 am